Monday, October 31, 2011

Post 5b - iThermostat

Do you ever quarrel disagree with your spouse over the temperature in the house?  Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence in my home.   In fact, there are many nights where my wife sleeps comfortably under the comforter, while I suffer from heat stroke above the comforter.  Of course, I would argue that keeping the house at 85 degrees isn’t normal. 

Fortunately, the answer for my family may have just arrived.  Ex-Apple engineer Tony Fadell has developed the Nest Learning Thermostat, which offers a new take on automatic temperature adjustment.  Featuring a simple knob-based design, the unit is capable of self-programming via a combination of user habits, activity sensors, and Internet-gathered weather information.  I am considering purchasing the Nest Learning Thermostat when it goes on sale in mid-November (priced at $249.00).  However, I must admit, I am concerned that the temperature extremes in my home would cause the device to blow a circuit. 

Rick S.


1 comment:

  1. My household suffers from the same ... it is either too hot or too cold.

    So we invented something that the entire family can use. Each of us has our very own iJacket. Of course we have to pay Apple for the name but works like a charm.

    When hot, we take it off. When cold, we put it on.

    Next year we're launching a new line including the iShaw and iSweater and the big iBlanket for snuggling (maybe we'll call it the iSnuggle).


    I joke, but will probably be one of the first in line to get the iThermostat :-)

    ReplyDelete